Based in Illinois, USA, Sara Lee Corporation is a global manufacturer and marketer of high-quality, brand-name products for consumers throughout the world. Its businesses comprise North American Retail, North American Foodservice, International Beverage and International Bakery.
“Imprima's project team is extremely dedicated in getting even the most challenging jobs done...”
What were the challenges?
Sara Lee’s divestiture programme was conducted on an unprecedented scale.
- The deal impacted in over 38 countries in the world - in every single time zone – and took 18 months to complete
- 1,500 active Deal Managers needed to upload data securely via iRooms, and full support from the iRooms project team
- 3,000 members of the various potential investor Due Diligence teams also needed time-critical access to the iRoom, alongside timely help and support
- Combined data within the iRoom amounted to over 300 GB
Given the size and scale of its requirements, Sara Lee considered all of the leading virtual data room providers before choosing iRooms, based on its flexibility, security, and unmatched local project management capability.
“Imprima has a solid project management team which is very service oriented. The project team was extremely dedicated in getting even the most challenging jobs done during the H&BC transition programme. The delivery was consistent and reliable. On top of that Imprima is a great company and a pleasure to work with.” - Deloitte
When Sara Lee embarked on a Euro 2.1 billion divestiture of its complete Household & Body Care (H&BC) units, it chose iRooms from Imprima to help investors with their Due Diligence. In conjunction with Deloitte, Imprima structured Sara Lee’s H&BC businesses into 18 separate iRooms, each containing data specific to a work stream such as marketing, sales, distribution, procurement, and finance.
How did Imprima add value?
- Using its advanced software, iRooms’ unique Permissioning System enabled Sara Lee’s 1,500 Deal Managers to create and manage access rights for all 3,000 users – no mean feat given the complexity inherent in assigning permissions on this scale, and the enormous potential impact on the deal should any users be given incorrect access to sensitive information
- Imprima organised simultaneous, continual online training for over 150 users worldwide
- Throughout the whole 18 month project, Imprima’s 24/7 iRooms teams worked tirelessly alongside Deloitte and Sara Lee, to facilitate the transaction as expediently and efficiently as possible